Friday 13 December 2013

Tina (Amrita B Sinha)


Tina! Even her name has enough power to bring a smile on my face J

I know Tina for good 4 years now & I am proud of the fact that I have had an opportunity of knowing a person like her in my life. If I have to introduce Tina to someone, the words I would like to use for her are: POSITIVE, Passionate, Caring, Loving, Talkative in a very charming way, always ready to make your day with her jokes and her beautiful dimpled smile.

I didn’t know we are going to be such good friends when I met her the first time. I clearly remember the first thing I noticed about her was that she was an amazing host. I was invited at her house warming party where, there were around 10-15 couples and she ensured that she not just kept all the ladies busy in some or the other conversation; she also ensured that men had their plates full. The ease with which she made everyone comfortable was commendable. She displayed a true Libran characteristic, which, I had only heard about before I witnessed her displaying them.  This was another topic she brought into our conversation that she was a Libran & we realized half the ladies present in the room were too. Including me. When her husband told everyone proudly that Tina did all the cooking for the night I quickly did my math and was shocked to see this lady cooked more than 5 dishes for more than 30 people present there and none tasted like she didn’t put her heart into cooking it. AND to top it she had enough time to dress up so very presentable and looked as fresh as she had just been back from a relaxing holiday. Tina doesn’t know this but when I had guests over to my place for a housewarming party a couple of months later, it was she I remembered and decided to do all the cooking for myself (( The ones who know me can tell how I want to run away from cooking or the kitchen even if cooking involves making just a Maggi :P  )). Though I am aware that I proved myself nowhere even close to being as good a hostess as Tina had been, I did get appreciations for my cooking & people did like what I cooked .

After our first phone call, that I enjoyed immensely, as everything she spoke made me laugh with joy, we kept calling each other and she kept asking me to come over and meet her over tea and snacks. One fine day me & my partner really took her on her words and dropped by for the Tea at a very untimely hour yet Tina being Tina welcomed us and didn’t let us leave without having dinner. She made us so comfortable that it sort of became a habit for us to keep dropping at her place for dinners and teas without prior notice and we were always welcome.

So Tina has been my inspiration and my benchmark ever since to be as good a hostess as she is. She made me start to enjoy entertaining friends over at my place.

My first ever conversation with Tina at personal level had been when I was told she has been diagnosed with stones in her kidney & I called her out of courtesy to show that I care and to tell me if I can help her in any way. Having seen my father suffering with the pain of Kidney stones once, I could just imagine what might Tina be going through with all her household chores and raising a beautiful boy and all. I was least expecting the conversation I had with her when she answered my call. She never spoke about the difficulties she may have to go through due to stones or medications or anything that a normal person diagnosed with kidney stones would talk. What she told me was that she was EXCITED with this news. She said she now has her own rocks to rock through her life…. I have never met a person who could see a difficult situation in such a way.

I have seen her through a difficult pregnancy when she was expecting her twins. She was practically glued to her bed and had been in & out of ICU in her last trimester, the backache that Tina always suffered from simply worsened during her pregnancy, however, despite all that, I do not remember a time when I would have called her to check on her health and heard her being anything but excited and happy about her condition because she now had many people taking care of her and checking on her making her feel like a precious princess and her excitement on the news that she was carrying twins, which she always wanted, was something that you just could not miss. She is so full of positivity and confidence in herself that her mantra in life appears to be “How can one not be happy when our happiness is in our control?”  Yes this is what Tina is. She controls her own happiness.


I have learnt to see a positive side in everything that appears to be negative in our life, It is difficult to sustain this attitude perpetually but I have Tine as my motivator. Even if one day I can become half as positive as Tina is I think I will achieve Nirvana that day J J

No comments:

Post a Comment